McAfee is a popular antivirus that has kept the computing world tension free, concerning online thefts and viruses. It is easy to install McAfee, and it has a simple and straightforward interface. As you are reading this blog, we assume that you are experiencing an installation error at the moment and want to troubleshoot. If it’s Error 0, you have landed on the right page as we are going to tell you some troubleshooting methods to resolve the error.
First of all, let’s see what Error 0 is. While trying to install a McAfee security suite, the installation process fails, and the installer shows a red banner the following error message:
“Unable to Continue Installation. We are having trouble installing your McAfee software because of this. Error 0”
“Something went wrong with the installation. We are having trouble installing your McAfee software. Contact McAfee Support and mention problem code 0.”
Now, let’s start troubleshooting using the following fixes:
Fix 1. Try reinstalling the software.
Commonly, trying the McAfee installation again by downloading the setup from mcafee.com/activate resolves the Error 0 issue. However, if it fails, you can always seek help from Virtual Assistant of McAfee. This remote support by the software guides you through the troubleshooting process step-by-step.
Fix 2. Run the Pre-Install tool.
Upon encountering Error 0 while doing the McAfee activate process, follow the below steps:
1. Download the Pre-Install tool. Save the file on Desktop so that it is readily accessible.
2. Double-click on the Pre-Install_Tool.exe file, and then follow the prompts to complete the installation.
3. Restart your PC.
4. After the restart, try reinstalling your McAfee suite. Skip to the next solution if Error 0 persists.
Fix 3. Run McAfee Virtual Technician.
This solution, too, has proved useful while trying to resolve Error 0 when you install McAfee. Please note, however, that this service is only available to Windows PCs. To start using Virtual Technician, visit the McAfee Consumer Support homepage and locate the McAfee Virtual Technician section. Now:
1. Download the mvt.exe file to Desktop.
2. Double-click on mvt.exe, or click on the Run option, to initialize.
3. Click on Yes, if the Windows User Account Control asks you to allow MVT to run.
4. Wait until the setup installs, initializes, and updates. The waiting time could be a few minutes.
5. When MVT is installed, it will scan your PC for issues with your McAfee antivirus suite.
6. If MVT finds any issues, click on Auto fix and follow the prompts. This will let MVT fix the error.
If MVT didn’t fix the error, resort to McAfee Support. The able team at McAfee will pay heed to your concern at priority and provide you with the best possible solution from the expert’s eye.