When it comes to the complete PC protection, McAfee VirusScan is unarguably the most preferred choice of the computer users. It is quite easy to download and then activate McAfee VirusScan via mcafee.com/activate on your Windows PC. However, if you are a Linux user, then you must be looking out for the standard instructions to ensure the successful download of McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise for Linux, which is dedicated security software for the Linux users.
Before you begin installing McAfee activate for McAfee VirusScan make sure your device meets all the specified requirements. During the installation, the client and related management files are checked into the McAfee ePO server. Thereafter, a deployment task is automatically created to proceed further.
To deploy the McAfee Agent for Linux, you need to use an installation script, i.e., install.sh. This script is created by McAfee ePO when it checks into the McAfee ePO Master collection. Apart from this, McAfee Agent installation can also be accomplished from McAfee ePO on Ubuntu and Red Hat Enterprise client systems. After the successful installation, you can easily go for the installation of VirusScan software and then set update and scan time on your device.
Here is how you can deploy McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Linux:
- Hit the System Tree button, and choose the group including your Linux systems
- Now, hit Assigned Client Tasks
- Hit Actions and now, click New Client Task Assignment
- Go to the Product section and choose McAfee Agent
- From Task Type, choose Product Deployment
- Now, go to Task Name, choose the POC- Deploy VirusScan for Linux
- Hit Next
- Check schedule status Enabled
- Also verify schedule type Run Immediately
- Click Next and move to the Summary Page
- Click Save
This will install McAfee com Activate for McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Linux. So, what are you waiting for? Try installing this security software to detect and remove all viruses from your computer system. Stay protected!